Jump to Main Content
- Cade, Janet E.
- Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 2017 v.76 no.3 pp. 276-282
- Internet; diet; epidemiology; foods; guidelines; mobile telephones; nutrient databanks; nutrient intake; nutrition assessment; obesity; public health; supermarkets
- ... The advent of the internet and smartphone technology has allowed dietary assessment to reach the 21st century! The variety of foods available on the supermarket shelf is now greater than ever before. New approaches to measuring diet may help to reduce measurement error and advance our understanding of nutritional determinants of disease. This advance provides the potential to capture detailed diet ...
- Staudacher, Heidi M.; Irving, Peter M.; Lomer, Miranda C. E.; Whelan, Kevin
- Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 2017 v.76 no.3 pp. 203-212
- clinical trials; diet; disease control; drugs; nutrient intake; nutritional intervention; placebos
- ... High-quality placebo-controlled evidence for food, nutrient or dietary advice interventions is vital for verifying the role of diet in optimising health or for the management of disease. This could be argued to be especially important where the benefits of dietary intervention are coupled with potential risks such as compromising nutrient intake, particularly in the case of exclusion diets. The ob ...