Jump to Main Content
- Tharrey, Marion; Maillot, Matthieu; Azaïs-Braesco, Véronique; Darmon, Nicole
- Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 2017 v.76 no.3 pp. 237-246
- Dietary Reference Intakes; World Health Organization; algorithms; consumer information; diet; foods; health claims; issues and policy; nutrient content; nutrient density; nutrients; nutrition labeling; public health
- ... Nutrient profiling aims to classify or rank foods according to their nutritional composition to assist policies aimed at improving the nutritional quality of foods and diets. The present paper reviews a French approach of nutrient profiling by describing the SAIN,LIM system and its evolution from its early draft to the simplified nutrition labelling system (SENS) algorithm. Considered in 2010 by W ...
- Cade, Janet E.
- Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 2017 v.76 no.3 pp. 276-282
- Internet; diet; epidemiology; foods; guidelines; mobile telephones; nutrient databanks; nutrient intake; nutrition assessment; obesity; public health; supermarkets
- ... The advent of the internet and smartphone technology has allowed dietary assessment to reach the 21st century! The variety of foods available on the supermarket shelf is now greater than ever before. New approaches to measuring diet may help to reduce measurement error and advance our understanding of nutritional determinants of disease. This advance provides the potential to capture detailed diet ...