Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Yichun; Jiang, Shuai; Chen, Qian; Liu, Qian; Kong, Baohua
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 105-113
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; blood proteins; chlorogenic acid; crosslinking; emulsifiers; emulsifying; emulsifying properties; hydrogen bonding; hydrophobicity; oxidation; protein hydrolysates; swine; tannins; turbidity
- ... Physicochemical characteristics, antioxidant activities and emulsifying properties of porcine plasma protein hydrolysates (PPPH) modified with oxidized tannic acid (OTA) or oxidized chlorogenic acid (OCA) were investigated. The formation of complexes was showed by increased turbidity, and both OTA and OCA were covalently attached to PPPH as shown by the significantly decrease in free amino group c ...
- Routhu, Sunitha Rani; Nagarjuna Chary, R.; Shaik, Anver Basha; Prabhakar, S.; Ganesh Kumar, C.; Kamal, Ahmed
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 142-154
- Bacillus atrophaeus; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Padina; amino acid substitution; apoptosis; bioactive compounds; biosurfactants; cell cycle checkpoints; emulsifying; endophytes; fatty acids; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; human cell lines; humans; lung neoplasms; lungs; micelles; microorganisms; moieties; mortality; neoplasm cells; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; solvents; spectral analysis; surface tension; surfactin; tandem mass spectrometry; toxicity; vegetable oil
- ... Microbes possess a vast reservoir of bioactive compounds, including cyclic lipopeptides (CLPs). In the present study, an exopolymeric biosurfactant composed of lipoheptapeptides was isolated and identified from a marine algicolous bacterial isolate, Bacillus atrophaeus strain AKLSR1, endophytic to Padina tetrastromatica. The lipopeptides were characterized by using FT-IR, NMR, GC–MS and UPLC-ESI-Q ...