Jump to Main Content
- İspirli, Hümeyra; Sagdic, Osman; Yılmaz, Mustafa Tahsin; Dertli, Enes
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 91-96
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Lactobacillus reuteri; atomic force microscopy; differential scanning calorimetry; exopolysaccharides; glucans; glucose; high performance liquid chromatography; melting point; moieties; physicochemical properties; processed foods; scanning electron microscopy; sourdough; sourdough bread; thermal properties
- ... Lactobacillus reuteri strain (E81) is an alpha glucan producer from traditional sourdough and the physicochemical characteristics of this glucan was determined in this study. The HPLC analysis confirmed the presence of glucose as the only sugar monomer in the repeating structure of this exopolysaccharide (EPS). The functional groups within the glucan structure was detected by FTIR analysis. The sc ...
- Yu, Bin; Cheng, Hao; Zhuang, Wei; Zhu, ChenJie; Wu, Jinglan; Niu, Huanqing; Liu, Dong; Chen, Yong; Ying, Hanjie
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 40-48
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; alkalinity; amines; biodegradability; cellulose; glucose; glutaraldehyde; immobilized enzymes; moieties; pH; peroxidase; proteins; scanning electron microscopy; thermogravimetry
- ... Bacterial cellulose (BC) is a biodegradable material with many excellent properties for enzyme immobilization. However, hydroxyl groups of low reactivity in glucose units cannot directly react with the amines of enzymatic proteins. In this work, amino-functionalized bacterial cellulose was firstly used as carrier to immobilize horseradish peroxidase (HRP) via glutaraldehyde coupling. SEM, FT-IR, X ...