Jump to Main Content
- Mahaki, Hanie; Tanzadehpanah, Hamid; Abou-Zied, Osama K.; Moghadam, Neda Hosseinpour; Bahmani, Asrin; Salehzadeh, Sadegh; Dastan, Dara; Saidijam, Massoud
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 203-213
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; DNA; Ferula; acetates; antioxidant activity; binding properties; binding sites; bioactive compounds; calves; cell lines; colorectal neoplasms; computer simulation; cytotoxicity; electrostatic interactions; fluorescence; human serum albumin; hydrophobic bonding; inhibitory concentration 50; median effective concentration; mesenchymal stromal cells; neoplasm cells; spectroscopy; thymus gland; viscosity; zeta potential
- ... In this study, kamolonol acetate (KamA) was extracted from Ferula pseudalliacea and its cytotoxicity, antioxidant activities, calf thymus DNA (DNA) and human serum albumin (HSA) binding properties were evaluated by several methods. The cytotoxicity of the KamA against two colorectal cancer cell lines (HCT116 and CT26) and two normal cell lines (mesenchymal stem cells and Vero cells) was determined ...
- Routhu, Sunitha Rani; Nagarjuna Chary, R.; Shaik, Anver Basha; Prabhakar, S.; Ganesh Kumar, C.; Kamal, Ahmed
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 142-154
- Bacillus atrophaeus; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Padina; amino acid substitution; apoptosis; bioactive compounds; biosurfactants; cell cycle checkpoints; emulsifying; endophytes; fatty acids; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; human cell lines; humans; lung neoplasms; lungs; micelles; microorganisms; moieties; mortality; neoplasm cells; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; solvents; spectral analysis; surface tension; surfactin; tandem mass spectrometry; toxicity; vegetable oil
- ... Microbes possess a vast reservoir of bioactive compounds, including cyclic lipopeptides (CLPs). In the present study, an exopolymeric biosurfactant composed of lipoheptapeptides was isolated and identified from a marine algicolous bacterial isolate, Bacillus atrophaeus strain AKLSR1, endophytic to Padina tetrastromatica. The lipopeptides were characterized by using FT-IR, NMR, GC–MS and UPLC-ESI-Q ...