Jump to Main Content
- Ahmad, Waqar; Zahir, Adnan; Nadeem, Muhammad; Garros, Laurine; Drouet, Samantha; Renouard, Sullivan; Doussot, Joël; Giglioli-Guivarc’h, Nathalie; Hano, Christophe; Abbasi, Bilal Haider
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 155-165
- Linum usitatissimum; antioxidant activity; biosynthesis; cell culture; chitosan; diodes; enzyme activity; flax; gene expression; genes; glucosides; high performance liquid chromatography; lignans; linseed; medicinal properties; metabolites; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; transgenic plants
- ... Linum usitatissimum is a source of pharmacologically active lignans and neolignans. An effective protocol has been established for the enhanced biosynthesis of lignans and neolignans in cell cultures of Linum usitatissimum by using chitosan addition. Gene expression analysis of monolignols (PAL, CCR and CAD), lignans (DIR, PLR and UGT) and neolignans (PCBER) biosynthetic genes by RT-qPCR as well a ...
- Zou, Xiang; Li, Tianfu; Zhang, Xiao; Li, Hongqing; Wang, Bochu
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 11-17
- biomass; biopolymers; biosynthesis; cell growth; cell viability; fermentation; fermenters; glucose; hydrolysis; light microscopy; malic acid; nitrogen; pullulan; water solubility
- ... Polymalic acid (PMA) is a water-soluble biopolymer, composed of the monomer malic acid (MA), produced by Auerobasidium pullulans. In this study, an on-line biomass monitor was used to evaluate the status of viable biomass from seed culture to fermentation for PMA production. The amount of viable cells was sensitive to regulation by available nitrogen. From the exponential phase, cell morphology be ...