Jump to Main Content
- Casas, María P.; Conde, Enma; Domínguez, Herminia; Moure, Andrés
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 166-173
- Sargassum muticum; algae; alginates; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; cytotoxicity; enzymatic treatment; enzyme activity; enzymes; feedstocks; fibroblasts; humans; melanoma; mice; solubilization; ultrasonics; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... An ecofriendly process based on an enzyme-assisted extraction coupled with ultrasound extraction was proposed to obtain soluble bioactive fractions from Sargassum muticum. Whole algae (Sm) and residual algae from alginate production (AESm) were employed as feedstock. Aqueous enzyme treatment with commercial complex enzyme formulations or with mixture of enzymes lead to maximum solubilization yield ...
- Ahmad, Waqar; Zahir, Adnan; Nadeem, Muhammad; Garros, Laurine; Drouet, Samantha; Renouard, Sullivan; Doussot, Joël; Giglioli-Guivarc’h, Nathalie; Hano, Christophe; Abbasi, Bilal Haider
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 155-165
- Linum usitatissimum; antioxidant activity; biosynthesis; cell culture; chitosan; diodes; enzyme activity; flax; gene expression; genes; glucosides; high performance liquid chromatography; lignans; linseed; medicinal properties; metabolites; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; transgenic plants
- ... Linum usitatissimum is a source of pharmacologically active lignans and neolignans. An effective protocol has been established for the enhanced biosynthesis of lignans and neolignans in cell cultures of Linum usitatissimum by using chitosan addition. Gene expression analysis of monolignols (PAL, CCR and CAD), lignans (DIR, PLR and UGT) and neolignans (PCBER) biosynthetic genes by RT-qPCR as well a ...