Jump to Main Content
- Casas, María P.; Conde, Enma; Domínguez, Herminia; Moure, Andrés
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 166-173
- Sargassum muticum; algae; alginates; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; cytotoxicity; enzymatic treatment; enzyme activity; enzymes; feedstocks; fibroblasts; humans; melanoma; mice; solubilization; ultrasonics; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... An ecofriendly process based on an enzyme-assisted extraction coupled with ultrasound extraction was proposed to obtain soluble bioactive fractions from Sargassum muticum. Whole algae (Sm) and residual algae from alginate production (AESm) were employed as feedstock. Aqueous enzyme treatment with commercial complex enzyme formulations or with mixture of enzymes lead to maximum solubilization yield ...
- Brassesco, Ma. Emilia; Fuciños, Pablo; Pastrana, Lorenzo; Picó, Guillermo
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.80 pp. 157-163
- Raman spectroscopy; adsorption; alginates; chymotrypsinogen; crosslinking; differential scanning calorimetry; epichlorohydrins; lysozyme; microparticles; models; proteins; resins; spray drying; thermogravimetry; zeta potential
- ... Alginate microparticles were prepared by spray drying technique and chemically cross-linked with epichlorohydrin. Microparticles were characterized by size, surface morphology (SEM), zeta potential, thermal analysis (TGA/DSC) and Raman spectroscopy. Microparticles cross-linked with epichlorohydrin were found to have averaged sizes of 648 nm, and zeta potential value of −84 mV. The adsorption capac ...