Jump to Main Content
- María P. Casas; Enma Conde; Herminia Domínguez; Andrés Moure
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 166-173
- Sargassum muticum; algae; alginates; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; cytotoxicity; enzymatic treatment; enzyme activity; enzymes; feedstocks; fibroblasts; humans; melanoma; mice; solubilization; ultrasonics; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... An ecofriendly process based on an enzyme-assisted extraction coupled with ultrasound extraction was proposed to obtain soluble bioactive fractions from Sargassum muticum. Whole algae (Sm) and residual algae from alginate production (AESm) were employed as feedstock. Aqueous enzyme treatment with commercial complex enzyme formulations or with mixture of enzymes lead to maximum solubilization yield ...
- Palanisamy Subramanian; Anjali Ravichandran; Vinosha Manoharan; Reka Muthukaruppan; Selvakumar Somasundaram; Boomi Pandi; Anand Krishnan; Prabhu Narayanasamy Marimuthu; Selliah Swamy Nathan Somasundaram; SangGuan You
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.86 pp. 196-204
- Escherichia coli; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Oldenlandia; Streptococcus mutans; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; biocompatibility; cell viability; chemical constituents of plants; dose response; fibroblasts; human cell lines; lungs; nanoparticles; nanosilver; scanning electron microscopes; screening; therapeutics; toxicity; transmission electron microscopes; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy
- ... In the past few years, green synthesized silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) are one of predominantly used materials in therapeutics and clinical practices. In this study, AgNPs were synthesized from aqueous extract of Oldenlandia umbellata and investigated their pharmaceutical properties. UV–vis spectroscopy of O. umbellata mediated silver nanoparticles (AgNPs@OUa) showed a peak at 423 nm. Fourier trans ...