Jump to Main Content
- Vasantharaja Raguraman; Stanley Abraham L.; MubarakAli D.; Narendrakumar G.; Thirugnanasambandam R.; Kirubagaran R.; Thajuddin N.
- Process biochemistry 2018 v.73 pp. 211-219
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Padina; algae; antioxidant activity; biochemical compounds; carotenoids; cytotoxicity; dose response; fibroblasts; free radicals; functional foods; high performance liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; molecular weight; protective effect; response surface methodology; solvents; temperature; ultrasonic treatment
- ... Fucoxanthin, a group of carotenoids abundantly present in the marine macro algae which exhibits diverse health benefits. Extraction of such potential biomolecules involves multiple steps in conventional extraction (CE) and also laborious and time-consuming. We attempted to extract high percentage fucoxanthin and phenolic compounds from macro alga, Padina tetrastromatica adopting ultrasound-assiste ...
- María P. Casas; Enma Conde; Herminia Domínguez; Andrés Moure
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 166-173
- Sargassum muticum; algae; alginates; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; cytotoxicity; enzymatic treatment; enzyme activity; enzymes; feedstocks; fibroblasts; humans; melanoma; mice; solubilization; ultrasonics; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... An ecofriendly process based on an enzyme-assisted extraction coupled with ultrasound extraction was proposed to obtain soluble bioactive fractions from Sargassum muticum. Whole algae (Sm) and residual algae from alginate production (AESm) were employed as feedstock. Aqueous enzyme treatment with commercial complex enzyme formulations or with mixture of enzymes lead to maximum solubilization yield ...