Jump to Main Content
- María P. Casas; Enma Conde; Herminia Domínguez; Andrés Moure
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 166-173
- Sargassum muticum; algae; alginates; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; cytotoxicity; enzymatic treatment; enzyme activity; enzymes; feedstocks; fibroblasts; humans; melanoma; mice; solubilization; ultrasonics; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... An ecofriendly process based on an enzyme-assisted extraction coupled with ultrasound extraction was proposed to obtain soluble bioactive fractions from Sargassum muticum. Whole algae (Sm) and residual algae from alginate production (AESm) were employed as feedstock. Aqueous enzyme treatment with commercial complex enzyme formulations or with mixture of enzymes lead to maximum solubilization yield ...
- Zeynab Rostami; Mehdi Tabarsa; SangGuan You; Masoud Rezaei
- Process biochemistry 2017 v.58 pp. 289-297
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; acid treatment; alginates; antioxidant activity; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; interleukin-1; interleukin-10; interleukin-12; interleukin-6; macrophages; molecular weight; nitric oxide; polyphenols; subtilisin; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... The effect of extraction methods using water, acid, Alcalase and Cellulase was studied on structure–bioactivity relationship of alginates from Colpomenia peregrina. Enzyme-assisted extractions produced alginates with the lowest protein (<0.7%) and polyphenol (<5mg gallic acid/g sample) contaminations. The molecular weight (Mw) of alginate extracted after acid treatment was 386.4×10³g/mol. The mini ...