Jump to Main Content
- Juan Tamayo-Cabezas; Salwa Karboune
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 81-90
- Humicola insolens; acylation; catalytic activity; emulsions; epoxides; ferulic acid; feruloyl esterase; magnetism; microparticles; nanoparticles; raffinose; substrate specificity
- ... Ferulic acid acylation of oligosaccharides catalyzed by feruloyl esterases (FAE) is a promising route to produce feruloylated oligosaccharides. However, modulation of FAE synthetic properties is a key step to improve the acylation. The efficiency of H. insolens FAE to catalyze the feruloylation in six different surfactantless microemulsions reaction systems was evaluated. The highest yield (57%) w ...
- Menuk B. Jayawardena; Lachlan H. Yee; Anne Poljak; Ricardo Cavicchioli; Staffan J. Kjelleberg; Khawar S. Siddiqui
- Process biochemistry 2017 v.57 pp. 131-140
- Pseudozyma antarctica; Thermomyces lanuginosus; carboxylic ester hydrolases; catalytic activity; denaturation; emulsions; half life; heat inactivation; industrial applications; polymers; thermal stability
- ... The primary focus of this research was to employ amino-group specific chemical modifications for improving the productivity and stability of two commercially produced lipases, Lipase-A from Candida antarctica (CALUM) and Greasex from Humicola lanuginosa (HLLUM), for application in a latex-based paint formulation. The modified lipases showed higher percentage increase (benzoic anhydride-modified, H ...