Jump to Main Content
- Tilstone, Gavin; Šedivá, Barbora; Tarran, Glen; Kaňa, Radek; Prášil, Ondřej
- Progress in oceanography 2017 v.158 pp. 76-89
- Miozoa, etc ; biomass; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; carbon dioxide fixation; community structure; pH; photosynthesis; phytoplankton; primary productivity; seawater; spectroscopy; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The effects of changes in CO2 concentration in seawater on phytoplankton community structure and photosynthesis were studied in the North Atlantic sub-tropical gyre. Three shipboard incubations were conducted for 48h at ∼760ppm CO2 and control (360ppm CO2) from 49°N to 7°N during October and November 2010. Elevated CO2 caused a decrease in pH to ∼7.94 compared to ∼8.27 in the control. During one e ...
- Loick-Wilde, Natalie; Bombar, Deniz; Doan, Hai Nhu; Nguyen, Lam Ngoc; Nguyen-Thi, Anh Mai; Voss, Maren; Dippner, Joachim W.
- Progress in oceanography 2017 v.153 pp. 1-15
- Miozoa, etc ; Bacillariophyceae; El Nino; Rhizosolenia; Trichodesmium erythraeum; biogeochemical cycles; biomass; climate change; coasts; community structure; data collection; dissolved inorganic nitrogen; monsoon season; nitrogen fixation; nutrient content; phosphates; primary productivity; silicates; summer; Mekong River; Vietnam; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Investigating microplankton biomass and diversity under different climatological conditions is key to the understanding of cascading effects of climate change on nutrient cycles and biological productivity. Here we have used data collected during two contrasting summers along the coast of Viet Nam to show how climatological-driven changes can have a significant influence on the distribution of mic ...