Jump to Main Content
- Vanda Carmo; Tracey Sutton; Gui Menezes; Tone Falkenhaug; Odd Aksel Bergstad
- Progress in oceanography 2015 v.130 pp. 172-187
- Amphipoda; Argyropelecus hemigymnus; Copepoda; Maurolicus muelleri; Myctophidae; Sternoptyx; Vinciguerria; body weight; carbon; carbon cycle; diet; eating habits; fish; fish communities; latitude; nekton; ontogeny; phenotypic variation; quantitative analysis; stomach; taxonomy
- ... Comprehensive trophic studies in the vast mid-oceanic regions are rare compared to coastal and fisheries-oriented investigations. Field sampling conducted by the multidisciplinary, international Census of Marine Life project MAR-ECO, namely the 2004 G.O. Sars cruise, has generated one of the largest open ocean deep-pelagic sample collections ever obtained. With the overall goal of understanding ca ...
- Michael Vecchione; Tone Falkenhaug; Tracey Sutton; April Cook; Astthor Gislason; Hege Øverbø Hansen; Mikko Heino; Peter I. Miller; Uwe Piatkowski; Filipe Porteiro; Henrik Søiland; Odd Aksel Bergstad
- Progress in oceanography 2015 v.138 pp. 105-115
- biogeography; nekton; oceans; zooplankton; Arctic region; Atlantic Ocean
- ... Broad-scale patterns in the distribution of deep-sea pelagic species and communities are poorly known. An important question is whether biogeographic boundaries identified from surface features are important in the deep mesopelagic and bathypelagic. We present community analyses of discrete-depth samples of mesozooplankton and micronekton to full-ocean depth collected in the area where the Mid-Atl ...