Jump to Main Content
- Pons-Branchu, Edwige, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Progress in oceanography 2019 v.175 pp. 300-308
- canyons; corals; fossils; thorium; uranium; water; Adriatic Sea; Mediterranean region
- ... The deep southern Adriatic Sea is home of widespread cold-water coral colonization (Madrepora oculata, Lophelia pertusa, Desmophyllum dianthus) which is at present limited by large to its western (Apulian) margin and central part, including the Bari Canyon system. On the contrary, the eastern side is today almost deprived of significant coral growth and this asymmetrical distribution has been ascr ...
- Pons-Branchu, Edwige, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Progress in oceanography 2018 v.169 pp. 48-65
- Holocene epoch; canyons; corals; food availability; furrows; geophysics; habitat destruction; larvae; morphometry; sediments; seepage; terraces; tides; topography; water
- ... The western Iberian margin has a complex morphology controlled by both geological and oceanographic processes. Compared to the submarine canyons in the southern part of this margin (e.g. Nazaré and Setubal), the canyons in the northern part (e.g. Ferrol and A Coruña) have received little attention. This study maps the geomorphological features around the Ferrol canyon head and combines them with o ...