Jump to Main Content
- Lopez-Casado, Gloria; Covey, Paul A.; Bedinger, Patricia A.; Mueller, Lukas A.; Thannhauser, Theodore W.; Zhang, Sheng; Fei, Zhangjun; Giovannoni, James J.; Rose, Jocelyn K. C.
- Proteomics 2012 v.12 no.6 pp. 761
- DNA; Solanum lycopersicum; cost effectiveness; databases; gene expression; genotype; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; mating systems; messenger RNA; nucleotide sequences; plant proteins; pollen; proteome; proteomics; quantitative analysis; tomatoes; wild relatives
- ... Effective proteome profiling is generally considered to depend heavily on the availability of a high-quality DNA reference database. As such, proteomics has long been taxonomically restricted, with limited inroads being made into the proteomes of "non-model" organisms. However, next generation sequencing (NGS), and particularly RNA-Seq, now allows deep coverage detection of expressed genes at low ...
- Data from: Enabling proteomic studies with RNA-Seq: the proteome of tomato pollen as a test case