Jump to Main Content
- Dorrell, Richard G.; Nisbet, R. Ellen R.; Barbrook, Adrian C.; Rowden, Stephen J.L.; Howe, Christopher J.
- Protist 2019 v.170 no.4 pp. 358-373
- Amphidinium; genes; genomics; intergenic DNA; models; non-coding RNA; plastid genome; plastids; tail; transcription (genetics); transcriptome; transcriptomics
- ... The plastid genomes of peridinin-containing dinoflagellates are highly unusual, possessing very few genes, which are located on small chromosomal elements termed “minicircles”. These minicircles may contain genes, or no recognisable coding information. Transcripts produced from minicircles may undergo unusual processing events, such as the addition of a 3' poly(U) tail. To date, little is known ab ...
- Ntakou, Efthymia; Siemensma, Ferry; Bonkowski, Michael; Dumack, Kenneth
- Protist 2019 v.170 no.4 pp. 349-357
- Variosea; aquatic habitat; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; Germany
- ... Artodiscus saltans, first described by Penard (1890), has a unique morphology. Without genetic data it could not yet been reliably placed into a wider taxonomical context. We present morphological data for A. saltans from different aquatic habitats of four European countries. We subjected three cells of one strain from Germany to molecular analyses and, interestingly, obtained six different rDNA s ...