Jump to Main Content
- Gotelli, MarinaM.; Galati, BeatrizG.; Zarlavsky, Gabriela; Medan, Diego
- Protoplasma 2018 v.255 no.2 pp. 501-515
- Condalia; Scutia buxifolia; flowering; light microscopy; pollen tubes; synapomorphy; transmission electron microscopy; ultrastructure
- ... The ultrastructure of the style and pollen tube pathway before, during and after anthesis were studied in 13 species belonging to the tribes Pomaderreae, Paliureae, Colletieae and Gouanieae (Ziziphoid clade) and Rhamneae (Rhamnoid clade) using light microscopy and transmission electron microscopy. The aim of this study is to provide new morphological characters useful for phylogenetic analysis at ...
- Einali, Alireza
- Protoplasma 2018 v.255 no.2 pp. 601-611
- Dunaliella bardawil; antioxidant activity; beta-carotene; cell death; chlorophyll; enzyme activity; free radicals; hydrogen peroxide; microalgae; oxidants; propyl gallate; salinity; salt stress; salt tolerance; sodium chloride; stress tolerance
- ... The effect of propyl gallate (PG), a synthetic antioxidant, on antioxidant responses and salinity tolerance was investigated in the cells of the green microalga, Dunaliella bardawil. Algal suspensions grown at three salinity levels of 1, 2, and 3 M NaCl were incubated with 1 mM of PG. The number of cells was significantly lower in all PG-treated cells compared to untreated controls. Despite PG-ind ...