Jump to Main Content
- Chaidee, Anchalee; Foissner, Ilse; Pfeiffer, Wolfgang
- Protoplasma 2008 v.234 no.1-4 pp. 33-50
- Chenopodium rubrum; actin; alkalinization; buffering capacity; calcium; chelating agents; cytochalasin D; ethylene glycol tetraacetic acid; heat; heterotrophs; microfilaments; nigericin; pH; sodium; temperature
- ... A comparison of the responses of extracellular pH, buffering capacity and actin cytoskeleton in autotroph and heterotroph Chenopodium rubrum cells to heat shock revealed cell-specific reactions: alkalinization caused by the heat shock at 25-35°C was higher in heterotroph cells and characterized by heat shock-induced changes in the actin cytoskeleton and ring formation at 35-37°C. Rings (diameter u ...
- Kang, Byung-Ho; Staehelin, L. Andrew
- Protoplasma 2008 v.234 no.1-4 pp. 51-64
- Arabidopsis thaliana; endoplasmic reticulum; green fluorescent protein; image analysis; microfilaments; root meristems; tomography
- ... Plant Golgi stacks are mobile organelles that can travel along actin filaments. How COPII (coat complex II) vesicles are transferred from endoplasmic reticulum (ER) export sites to the moving Golgi stacks is not understood. We have examined COPII vesicle transfer in high-pressure frozen/freeze-substituted plant cells by electron tomography. Formation of each COPII vesicle is accompanied by the ass ...