Jump to Main Content
- Canaveze, Yve; Mastroberti, Alexandra Antunes; Mariath, Jorge Ernesto de Araujo; Machado, Silvia Rodrigues
- Protoplasma 2019 v.256 no.1 pp. 131-146
- Tabernaemontana; arabinans; callose; cell walls; meristems; microtubules; plasmodesmata; transmission electron microscopy
- ... The cellular mechanisms of laticifer growth are of particular interest in plant biology but are commonly neglected. Using transmission electron microscopy and immunocytochemical methods, we recorded cytological differentiation and evaluated the cell wall involvement in the growth of articulated laticifers with intrusive growth in the mature embryo and plant shoot apex of Tabernaemontana catharinen ...
- Płachno, Bartosz J.; Świątek, Piotr
- Protoplasma 2008 v.234 no.1-4 pp. 25-32
- Utricularia; amyloplasts; carnivorous plants; cell walls; direct contact; electron microscopy; embryo sac; endoplasmic reticulum; females; flowers; gametophytes; histochemistry; light microscopy; lipids; meristems; microtubules; nutrition; phylogeny; plasmodesmata; researchers; starch granules; vacuoles
- ... Beginning with light microscopy studies in the late 19th century, the placental “nutritive tissue” in carnivorous plants of Utricularia spp. has been well described by several authors. Based on observations of direct contact between the embryo sac and the “nutritive tissue” and the lack of vascularization of the ovule, it has been suggested that this nutritive tissue plays a key role in the nutrit ...