Jump to Main Content
- Maurya, Shiwani; Chandra, Muktesh; Yadav, Ritesh K.; Narnoliya, Lokesh K.; Sangwan, Rajender S.; Bansal, Shilpi; Sandhu, Pankajpreet; Singh, Umesh; Kumar, Devender; Sangwan, Neelam Singh
- Protoplasma 2019 v.256 no.4 pp. 893-907
- Ocimum kilimandscharicum, etc ; Ocimum basilicum; Ocimum gratissimum; Ocimum tenuiflorum; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; chemical constituents of plants; comparative study; cultivars; essential oils; eugenol; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic improvement; leaf area; leaves; messenger RNA; metabolites; methyl chavicol; odors; terpenoids; trichomes; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Ocimum species commonly referred to as “Tulsi” are well-known for their distinct medicinal and aromatic properties. The characteristic aroma of Ocimum species and cultivars is attributed to their specific combination of volatile phytochemicals mainly belonging to terpenoid and/or phenylpropanoid classes in their essential oils. The essential oil constituents are synthesized and sequestered in spec ...
- Dhawan, Sunita Singh; Shukla, Preeti; Gupta, Pankhuri; Lal, R. K.
- Protoplasma 2016 v.253 no.3 pp. 845-855
- Ocimum kilimandscharicum, etc ; Ocimum basilicum; amplified fragment length polymorphism; cold; cold stress; cold tolerance; essential oils; eugenol; flavonoids; freezing; frost; gene overexpression; genes; genotype; hybrids; leaves; linalool; loci; methyl chavicol; methyl eugenol; microsatellite repeats; odors; plant response; polyphenols; polysaccharides; proline; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; trichomes; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... Ocimum (Lamiaceae) is an important source of essential oils and aroma chemicals especially eugenol, methyl eugenol, linalool, methyl chavicol etc. An elite evergreen hybrid has been developed from Ocimum kilimandscharicum and Ocimum basilicum, which demonstrated adaptive behavior towards cold stress. A comparative molecular analysis has been done through RAPD, AFLP, and ISSR among O. basilicum and ...