Jump to Main Content
- Taylor, Jennifer C; Sutter, Carolyn; Ontai, Lenna L; Nishina, Adrienne; Zidenberg-Cherr, Sheri
- Public health nutrition 2019 v.22 no.10 pp. 1850-1857
- elementary schools; foods; fruits; gender; image analysis; issues and policy; lunch; models; school lunch; students; vegetables; youth; California
- ... School-based interventions and policies encourage youths to include and consume fruits and vegetables at lunchtime via school lunches, but limited research has examined how these behaviours compare when youths have home-packed lunches. The objective of the present study was to compare fruit and vegetable contents and consumption among students having school or home-packed lunches over the school w ...
- 30803460 30803460
- Jackson, Dylan B; Vaughn, Michael G
- Public health nutrition 2019 v.22 no.10 pp. 1840-1849
- caregivers; child abuse; children; children at risk; cities; eating habits; food intake; foods; interviews; longitudinal studies; nutrition education; obesity; surveys; United States
- ... To determine whether children exposed to a greater variety of acts of parent-to-child physical and psychological maltreatment will be at greater risk of consuming obesogenic foods at a higher frequency. Survey research using a longitudinal panel design. In-home interviews with primary caregivers in twenty large US cities. A national sample of at-risk children and their families who participated in ...
- 30767817 30767817