Jump to Main Content
- Santos, Joseph Alvin; McKenzie, Briar; Trieu, Kathy; Farnbach, Sara; Johnson, Claire; Schultz, Jimaima; Thow, Anne Marie; Snowdon, Wendy; Bell, Colin; Webster, Jacqui
- Public health nutrition 2019 v.22 no.10 pp. 1858-1871
- Pacific Islanders; databases; diet-related diseases; energy intake; food intake; household expenditure; issues and policy; national surveys; nutrition assessment; nutrition monitoring; risk factors; stakeholders; sugars; systematic review; Fiji; Guam; Kiribati; Solomon Islands
- ... Pacific Island countries are experiencing a high burden of diet-related non-communicable diseases; and consumption of fat, sugar and salt are important modifiable risk factors contributing to this. The present study systematically reviewed and summarized available literature on dietary intakes of fat, sugar and salt in the Pacific Islands. Electronic databases (PubMed, Scopus, ScienceDirect and Gl ...
- 30612591 30612591
- Williams, Julianne; Townsend, Nick; Rayner, Mike; Jayawardena, Ranil; Katulanda, Prasad; Manoharan, Seenithamby; Wickramasinghe, Kremlin
- Public health nutrition 2019 v.22 no.10 pp. 1735-1744
- adolescents; affordability; calcium; carbohydrates; cholesterol; dietary fiber; eating habits; energy; females; food intake; fruits; high protein foods; iron; issues and policy; models; nutritional adequacy; rural development; sampling; secondary education; sociodemographic characteristics; socioeconomic status; socioeconomics; sodium; students; vegetables; Sri Lanka
- ... The current paper describes methods of evaluating dietary habits of Sri Lankan adolescents based on the Diet Quality Index–International (DQI-I), which has been used in multiple international studies to describe dietary variety, moderation, adequacy and balance. The paper describes the method for calculating DQI-I scores and examines associations between DQI-I scores and dietary intake, and betwee ...
- 30932797 30932797