Jump to Main Content
- Taylor, Jennifer C; Sutter, Carolyn; Ontai, Lenna L; Nishina, Adrienne; Zidenberg-Cherr, Sheri
- Public health nutrition 2019 v.22 no.10 pp. 1850-1857
- elementary schools; foods; fruits; gender; image analysis; issues and policy; lunch; models; school lunch; students; vegetables; youth; California
- ... School-based interventions and policies encourage youths to include and consume fruits and vegetables at lunchtime via school lunches, but limited research has examined how these behaviours compare when youths have home-packed lunches. The objective of the present study was to compare fruit and vegetable contents and consumption among students having school or home-packed lunches over the school w ...
- 30803460 30803460
- Williams, Julianne; Townsend, Nick; Rayner, Mike; Jayawardena, Ranil; Katulanda, Prasad; Manoharan, Seenithamby; Wickramasinghe, Kremlin
- Public health nutrition 2019 v.22 no.10 pp. 1735-1744
- adolescents; affordability; calcium; carbohydrates; cholesterol; dietary fiber; eating habits; energy; females; food intake; fruits; high protein foods; iron; issues and policy; models; nutritional adequacy; rural development; sampling; secondary education; sociodemographic characteristics; socioeconomic status; socioeconomics; sodium; students; vegetables; Sri Lanka
- ... The current paper describes methods of evaluating dietary habits of Sri Lankan adolescents based on the Diet Quality Index–International (DQI-I), which has been used in multiple international studies to describe dietary variety, moderation, adequacy and balance. The paper describes the method for calculating DQI-I scores and examines associations between DQI-I scores and dietary intake, and betwee ...
- 30932797 30932797