Jump to Main Content
- Grummon, Anna H; Cabana, Michael D; Hecht, Amelie A; Alkon, Abbey; McCulloch, Charles E; Brindis, Claire D; Patel, Anisha I
- Public health nutrition 2019 v.22 no.15 pp. 2856-2867
- child care; child care centers; children; cities; demographic statistics; fruit juices; issues and policy; nutrition education; overweight; parents; skim milk; sugar sweetened beverages; California
- ... To evaluate whether a multipronged pilot intervention promoting healthier beverage consumption improved at-home beverage consumption and weight status among young children. In this exploratory pilot study, we randomly assigned four childcare centres to a control (delayed-intervention) condition or a 12-week intervention that promoted consumption of healthier beverages (water, unsweetened low- or n ...
- PubMed Central:
- Taylor, Jennifer C; Sutter, Carolyn; Ontai, Lenna L; Nishina, Adrienne; Zidenberg-Cherr, Sheri
- Public health nutrition 2019 v.22 no.10 pp. 1850-1857
- elementary schools; foods; fruits; gender; image analysis; issues and policy; lunch; models; school lunch; students; vegetables; youth; California
- ... School-based interventions and policies encourage youths to include and consume fruits and vegetables at lunchtime via school lunches, but limited research has examined how these behaviours compare when youths have home-packed lunches. The objective of the present study was to compare fruit and vegetable contents and consumption among students having school or home-packed lunches over the school w ...
- 30803460 30803460