Jump to Main Content
- Thorpe, Maree G; Kestin, Mark; Riddell, Lynn J; Keast, Russell SJ; McNaughton, Sarah A
- Public health nutrition 2014 v.17 no.8 pp. 1767-1775
- food intake; questionnaires; Dietary Guidelines; linear models; education programs; nutritional adequacy; guidelines; regression analysis; young adults; nationalities and ethnic groups; students; body mass index; cooking
- ... To determine the diet quality of a group of young adults and explore its associations with two food-related behaviours (involvement in meal preparation and consumption of commercially prepared meals). Cross-sectional study of young adults. Sample characteristics, food-related behaviours and dietary intake were assessed using a self-administered questionnaire including an FFQ. Diet quality was meas ...
- Abreu, Sandra; Santos, Rute; Moreira, Carla; Santos, Paula Clara; Mota, Jorge; Moreira, Pedro
- Public health nutrition 2014 v.17 no.8 pp. 1834-1849
- adolescents; body mass index; boys; cross-sectional studies; employment; food consumption; food groups; girls; grains; low educational status; milk consumption; obesity; pastries; physical activity; questionnaires; ready-to-eat foods; regression analysis; schools; socioeconomic status; sweets; vegetables; waist circumference; waist-to-height ratio; Azores
- ... To examine the association between obesity and food group intakes, physical activity and socio-economic status in adolescents. A cross-sectional study was carried out in 2008. Cole's cut-off points were used to categorize BMI. Abdominal obesity was defined by a waist circumference at or above the 90th percentile, as well as a waist-to-height ratio at or above 0·500. Diet was evaluated using an FFQ ...