Jump to Main Content
- Pearce, Jo; Wood, Lesley; Nelson, Michael
- Public health nutrition 2013 v.16 no.6 pp. 1126-1131
- ascorbic acid; energy intake; folic acid; food guides; iron; issues and policy; lunch; school lunch; secondary education; zinc; England
- ... To compare the key differences between school lunches and packed lunches as eaten in eleven secondary schools in England, 21 months after the food-based standards for school lunch became mandatory, but before the introduction of nutrient-based standards. Data on 358 school lunches and 139 packed lunches were collected in May and June 2008 from pupils attending secondary schools in Sheffield, Manch ...
- Stevens, Lesley; Nicholas, Jo; Wood, Lesley; Nelson, Michael
- Public health nutrition 2013 v.16 no.6 pp. 1037-1042
- cold; data collection; dietary recommendations; energy; folic acid; food choices; iron; issues and policy; lunch; nutrient content; nutrient requirements; nutrients; school lunch; schools; secondary education; sodium; vitamin A; zinc; England
- ... To compare food choices and nutrient intakes of pupils taking a school lunch or a packed lunch in eighty secondary schools in England, following the introduction of the food-based and nutrient-based standards for school food. Cross-sectional data collected between October 2010 and April 2011. Pupils’ lunchtime food choices were recorded over five consecutive days. Secondary schools, England. A ran ...