Jump to Main Content
- Williams, Lauren; Campbell, Karen; Abbott, Gavin; Crawford, David; Ball, Kylie
- Public health nutrition 2012 v.15 no.8 pp. 1396-1401
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; child nutrition; chocolate; cross-sectional studies; diet; linear models; low-income neighborhoods; maternal nutrition; mothers; physical activity; regression analysis; school children; soft drinks; surveys; vegetables; women; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... ObjectiveMaternal nutrition knowledge has frequently been identified as an important target for nutrition promotion interventions. The aim of the present study was to investigate whether maternal nutrition knowledge is more strongly associated with the mother's own diet or that of her child.DesignCross-sectional multivariate linear regression with interactions analyses of survey data.SettingSocio- ...
- Zarnowiecki, Dorota; Sinn, Natalie; Petkov, John; Dollman, James
- Public health nutrition 2012 v.15 no.7 pp. 1284-1290
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; attitudes and opinions; child nutrition; children; eating habits; educational status; elementary schools; equations; healthy diet; models; obesity; parent education; parents; risk; socioeconomic factors; socioeconomic status; Australia; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... ObjectiveYoung children's knowledge about healthy food may influence the formation of their eating behaviours, and parents have a major influence on the development of children's knowledge in the early years.DesignWe investigated the extent to which parental nutrition knowledge and attitudes around food predicted young children's knowledge of healthy foods, controlling for other influences such as ...