Jump to Main Content
- Gil-Campos, Mercedes, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Public health nutrition 2014 v.17 no.10 pp. 2378-2385
- C-reactive protein; adiponectin; adulthood; biomarkers; blood lipids; blood pressure; case-control studies; cell adhesion; childhood obesity; children; cities; glucose; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; inflammation; insulin; insulin resistance; interleukin-6; interleukin-8; leptin; monocytes; myeloperoxidase; neutrophils; plasminogen activator inhibitors; puberty; resistin; risk; schools; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; waist circumference; waist-to-height ratio; Spain
- ... To evaluate the association between waist-to-height ratio (WHtR) and specific biomarkers of inflammation, CVD risk and endothelial dysfunction in prepubertal obese children. Prospective, multicentre case–control study matched by age and sex. Children were recruited between May 2007 and May 2010 from primary-care centres and schools in three cities in Spain (Cordoba, Santiago de Compostela and Zara ...
- Gil-Campos, Mercedes, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Public health nutrition 2012 v.15 no.10 pp. 1827-1834
- C-reactive protein; biomarkers; blood glucose; blood lipids; blood pressure; body mass index; boys; children; elementary schools; girls; glucose; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; homeostasis; insulin; physical activity; questionnaires; risk; transaminases; uric acid
- ... ObjectiveTo assess classical and non-classical metabolic risk biomarkers in prepubertal children with different levels of cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF).DesignCRF was assessed by the 20 m shuttle run test. To estimate physical activity, participants were observed while engaged in an after-school programme. Additionally, a short test based on a validated questionnaire was used to obtain informatio ...