Jump to Main Content
- Albore Livadie, Claude; Pearce, Mark; Delle Donne, Matteo; Pizzano, Natascia
- Quaternary international 2019 v.499 pp. 205-220
- desertification, etc ; flora; landscapes; palynology; politics; pumice; radiocarbon dating; socioeconomics; soil; water resources; Italy; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Palma Campania, the type-site of the Early Bronze Age Palma Campania culture, was covered by the products of the Avellino Pumice eruption, and was thus preserved in a similar way to the Roman sites in Campania covered by the AD 79 eruption. The devastating effects of this Plinian eruption led to the belief that it had killed a large part of the local population and/or caused large-scale emigration ...
- Yin, Jian-Jun; Li, Hong-Chun; Tang, Wei; Wang, Zhijun; Mii, Horng-Sheng; Lin, Yushi
- Quaternary international 2019
- desertification, etc ; El Nino; La Nina; afforestation; carbon dioxide; climate; cold; inorganic carbon; issues and policy; lead; monsoon season; oxygen; radiocarbon dating; rain; seepage; soil; stable isotopes; summer; uncertainty; vegetation; China; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... An actively growing stalagmite (sample DY-2) from Maomaotou Big Cave in Guilin, south China was dated using a combined approach of 230Th/U, 210Pb and AMS 14C dating techniques. The post-bomb 14C curve shows that the DY-2 was deposited during 1964–2009 CE and a fast growth rate of ∼2.25 mm/a was determined for this 9.3 cm-long stalagmite. The 210Pb dating of the top 7 mm part of another stalagmite ...