Jump to Main Content
- Anderson, Lars; Lejay, Mathieu; Brugal, Jean-Philip; Costamagno, Sandrine; Heckel, Claire; de Araujo Igreja, Marina; Pradeau, Jean-Victor; Salomon, Hélène; Sellami, Farid; Théry-Parisot, Isabelle; Barshay-Szmidt, Carolyn; Mensan, Romain; Bon, François
- Quaternary international 2018 v.498 pp. 69-98
- basins; fauna; industry; limestone; loci; models; France; Mediterranean region
- ... Régismont-le-Haut, an Aurignacian open-air campsite, provides an occasion to investigate aspects of Aurignacian site variability that are rarely broached: (1) the relatively poorly known area connecting the Aquitaine and Mediterranean Basins, and (2) the high-resolution spatial organization of an Early Upper Palaeolithic campsite. While more difficult to integrate directly into chronological model ...
- Brenet, Michel; Guégan, Sophie; Claud, Émilie; Mesa, Miriam; Pasquet, Vincent
- Quaternary international 2018 v.498 pp. 30-50
- alluvial plains; basins; raw materials; rivers; thermoluminescence; France
- ... The Upper Palaeolithic open-air site of Landry, near Périgueux in the Aquitaine region of southwestern France, lies on an alluvial plain of the Isle River. The site contains two stratified Late Solutrean levels preserved over 300 m2 within aeolian silts and dated by optically stimulated luminescence (OSL) to between 27 and 16 ky. Only lithic material was present in both levels, with organic materi ...