Jump to Main Content
- Anderson, Lars; Lejay, Mathieu; Brugal, Jean-Philip; Costamagno, Sandrine; Heckel, Claire; de Araujo Igreja, Marina; Pradeau, Jean-Victor; Salomon, Hélène; Sellami, Farid; Théry-Parisot, Isabelle; Barshay-Szmidt, Carolyn; Mensan, Romain; Bon, François
- Quaternary international 2018 v.498 pp. 69-98
- basins; fauna; industry; limestone; loci; models; France; Mediterranean region
- ... Régismont-le-Haut, an Aurignacian open-air campsite, provides an occasion to investigate aspects of Aurignacian site variability that are rarely broached: (1) the relatively poorly known area connecting the Aquitaine and Mediterranean Basins, and (2) the high-resolution spatial organization of an Early Upper Palaeolithic campsite. While more difficult to integrate directly into chronological model ...
- White, Randall; Bourrillon, Raphaëlle; Mensan, Romain; Clark, Amy; Chiotti, Laurent; Higham, Thomas; Ranlett, Sarah; Tartar, Elise; Morala, André; Soulier, Marie-Cécile
- Quaternary international 2018 v.498 pp. 99-125
- Collie; carbon; graphic arts; limestone; ultrafiltration; France
- ... The rich record of Aurignacian graphic arts from sites in the Vézère Valley of SW France holds a key place in our understanding of systems of representation in the European Early Upper Paleolithic. One of the main sites yielding representational objects is Abri Cellier, which has long been on the short-list of major art-bearing sites attributed to the European Aurignacian. Collie's 1927 excavation ...