Jump to Main Content
- Núñez-Lahuerta, Carmen; Galán, Julia; Sauqué, Víctor; Cuenca-Bescós, Gloria
- Quaternary international 2018 v.481 pp. 113-122
- Aves, etc ; birds; climate; ecosystems; forests; indicator species; landscapes; temperature; Central European region; Europe; Western European region; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Birds have been considered good climate indicators in Pleistocene environmental reconstructions, due to their current distribution and specific ecological requirements. They have been analyzed as associations and in some cases also as indicator species for the climate during the Late Pleistocene, which is a stage that shows strong climatic fluctuations. In this work we present an analysis of the r ...
- Athanassiou, Athanassios; Michailidis, Dimitris; Vlachos, Evangelos; Tourloukis, Vangelis; Thompson, Nicholas; Harvati, Katerina
- Quaternary international 2018 v.497 pp. 178-197
- Aves, etc ; Elephantidae; Emys orbicularis; Hippopotamus; Pleistocene epoch; Sus scrofa; Testudo; basins; deer; fauna; forests; fossils; lacustrine sediments; lignite; mining; surface water; surveys; water birds; woodlands; Greece; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The mining activities in the Middle Pleistocene lacustrine basin of Megalopolis (Peloponnesus, Greece) have exposed expanded sections of lacustrine sediments. In particular, the northernmost mine of Kyparíssia has yielded numerous vertebrate fossils, recovered during field surveys and small-scale rescue excavations. The stratified specimens indicate the presence of at least two fossiliferous horiz ...