Jump to Main Content
- Wei, Chuanyi; Li, Chang'an; Liu, Chunru; Li, Wenpeng; Zhang, Zengjie; Zhang, Huasong; Zhao, Juxing; Zhang, Luoying
- Quaternary international 2017 v.454 pp. 38-44
- bleaching; case studies; drainage; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; provenance; quartz; rivers; rocks; sediments; solar radiation; statistical analysis; transportation; China; Yangtze River
- ... Host rock samples and deposits collected from the upper Yangtze River and the Dadu River, which both drained the southeastern Tibet Plateau and nature electron spin resonance (ESR) signals of quartz E' center were determined with ESR spectrometry. Statistical analyses of the results show that nature signal intensity of quartz E' center as a new indicator can be used to fingerprint the source of de ...
- Thokchom, Sarda; Bhattacharya, Falguni; Durga Prasad, A.; Dogra, N.N.; Rastogi, B.K.
- Quaternary international 2017 v.454 pp. 1-14
- alluvial plains; alluvium; arid lands; drainage; landscapes; paleoecology; rivers; sand; soil; tectonics; texture; watersheds; India
- ... The dryland fluvial sequences exposed in the lower part of the Gujarat alluvial plain are investigated for palaeohydrological/palaeoclimatic reconstruction using conventional sedimentology, grain size analyses supported by optical chronology. Considering that the study area is cradling large-scale constructional activities, an attempt has also been made to assess the geotechnical properties of the ...