Jump to Main Content
- Nicolaides, Antonis; Soulimane, Tewfik; Varotsis, Constantinos
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.9 pp. 4776-4780
- Raman spectroscopy; electrons; energy; enzymes; heme; heme iron; ligands; temperature
- ... A reversible temperature-dependent high-spin to low-spin transition with T₁/₂ = −60 °C has been observed in the resonance Raman spectra of the equilibrium reduced and photoreduced heme a₃ of the thermophilic ba₃ heme–copper oxidoreductase. The transition is based on the frequency shifts of the spin-state marker bands ν₂ (CbCb) and ν₁₀ (CₐCₘ) and is attributed to the displacement of the heme iron a ...
- Ren, Kai; Wang, Sake; Luo, Yi; Xu, Yujing; Sun, Minglei; Yu, Jin; Tang, Wencheng
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.9 pp. 4816-4823
- density functional theory; electric field; electrons; energy; phosphorus; photocatalysts; semiconductors; van der Waals forces
- ... Many strategies have been developed to overcome the critical obstacles of fast recombination of photogenerated charges and the limited ability of semiconductor photocatalysts to absorb visible light. Considering all the novel properties of monolayered g-GaN and blue phosphorus (BlueP) which were revealed in recent studies, first-principles calculations were used to systematically investigate the s ...