Jump to Main Content
- Minakshi, Manickam; Higley, Stephen; Baur, Christian; Mitchell, David R. G.; Jones, Robert T.; Fichtner, Maximilian
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.46 pp. 26981-26995
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; anodes; batteries; calcite; calcium; calcium carbonate; calcium oxide; capacitance; carbon; cathodes; chickens; egg shell; electrochemistry; energy; landfills; oxygen; scanning electron microscopy; thermal degradation; viability; waste management; wastes
- ... Biowaste eggshell can be used as a cathode while in its calcined form and it is found to be suitable as an anode in an electrochemical cell. This not only enables energy to be stored reversibly but also achieves waste management and sustainability goals by redirecting material away from landfill. Biowaste eggshell comprises 94% calcium carbonate (CaCO₃; calcite), an attractive divalent ion source ...
- Dargahi, Abdollah; Ansari, Amin; Nematollahi, Davood; Asgari, Ghorban; Shokoohi, Reza; Samarghandi, Mohammad Reza
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.9 pp. 5064-5075
- 2,4-D; X-ray diffraction; anodes; aqueous solutions; chemical oxygen demand; electrochemistry; electrolysis; energy; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; graphene; lead; models; pH; pesticide degradation; pollutants; response surface methodology; scanning electron microscopy; stainless steel
- ... 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) is one of the most commonly used herbicides in the world. In this work, the electro-catalytic degradation of 2,4-D herbicide from aqueous solutions was evaluated using three anode electrodes, i.e., lead dioxide coated on stainless steel 316 (SS316/β-PbO₂), lead dioxide coated on a lead bed (Pb/β-PbO₂), and lead dioxide coated on graphite (G/β-PbO₂). The struc ...