Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Deepika; Singh, Manvendra; Yadav, Ekta; Falls, Neha; Komal, Ujendra; Dangi, Deependra Singh; Kumar, Vikas; Verma, Amita
- RSC advances 2018 v.8 no.13 pp. 6940-6953
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Madhuca longifolia; X-radiation; adjuvants; animal models; antineoplastic activity; antioxidant activity; blood serum; carcinogenesis; diethylnitrosamine; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; enzyme activity; flavonoids; hepatoma; histopathology; inflammation; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; laboratory animals; liver; nanosilver; oxidative stress; rats; scanning electron microscopy; transcription factor NF-kappa B; transmission electron microscopy; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... In hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), primary liver cancer is primarily responsible for inflammation-related cancer as more than 90% of HCCs emerge with regard to hepatic damage and inflammation. Tenacious inflammation is known to advance and intensify liver tumours. Nanomaterials, for example, silver nanoparticles synthesized from plant-derived materials have shown great outcomes in reducing the pre ...
- Yang, Jie; Sun, Jianna; An, Xiujuan; Zheng, Meixia; Lu, Zhaoxin; Lu, Fengxia; Zhang, Chong
- RSC advances 2018 v.8 no.13 pp. 6759-6767
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Bacillus subtilis; Bacillus vallismortis; Escherichia coli; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Mangifera indica; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; catalase; chitosan; coatings; ferulic acid; free radical scavengers; hydrogen peroxide; laccase; mangoes; molecular weight; peroxidase; sensory properties; titratable acidity; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy
- ... To improve the antioxidant and antibacterial properties of chitosan, recombinant bacterial laccase from Bacillus vallismortis fmb-103 (fmb-rL103) was used to catalyze ferulic acid grafting. The grafted chitosan was characterized using UV-vis and FT-IR techniques. DPPH free radical scavenging results indicated that the antioxidant properties of the grafted chitosan (FA-g-CS) were significantly impr ...