Jump to Main Content
- Li, Song; Li, Wenzhi; Zhang, Qi; Shu, Riyang; Wang, Huizhen; Xin, Haosheng; Ma, Longlong
- RSC advances 2018 v.8 no.3 pp. 1361-1370
- corn stover, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Poaceae; biorefining; catalysts; delignification; depolymerization; glucans; hydrogen; lignin; magnetism; models; molybdenum disulfide; temperature; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The lignin-first biorefinery method appears to be an attractive approach to produce phenolic chemicals. Herein, corn stover was employed for the production of phenolic monomers using an unsupported non-noble MoS₂ catalyst. The yield of phenolic monomers was enhanced from 6.65% to 18.47% with MoS₂ at 250 °C and about 75% lignin was degraded with more than 90% glucan reserved in the solid residues. ...
- Zhu, Shiyun; Chen, Kefu; Xu, Jun; Li, Jun; Mo, Lihuan
- RSC advances 2018 v.8 no.28 pp. 15754-15761
- corn stover, etc ; bioenergy industry; biomass; cell walls; compression strength; enzymatic hydrolysis; foams; industrial wastes; lignin; mechanical properties; petroleum; polyols; polyurethanes; response surface methodology; scanning electron microscopy; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Enzymatic hydrolysis residues (EHR) from corn stalk are industrial waste from the cellulosic ethanol industry. Lignin was separated as a bio-based polyol from EHR replacing partial petroleum-based polyether polyol to prepare bio-based polyurethane (BPU) foams without any other biomass pretreatment. Single factor experiment and response surface methodology (RSM) were employed to optimize separation ...