Jump to Main Content
- Hwang, Hyewon; Sahin, Olga; Choi, Joon Weon
- RSC advances 2017 v.7 no.67 pp. 42192-42202
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene); Raman spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; activated carbon; active sites; adsorbents; adsorption; biomass; biorefining; biosorbents; catalysts; coproducts; manufacturing; mass transfer; nanopores; phenol; porosity; potassium hydroxide; pyrolysis; surface area; weight loss
- ... Fast pyrolysis char, obtained from two biomasses at 500 °C with a residence time of 1.3 s, was used as a precursor of nanoporous carbon material under different KOH loadings. In order to investigate a potential application as a biosorbent, a phenol removal test according to contact time and initial adsorbate concentration was also conducted in this study. During the process, a significant change i ...
- Tikhov, S.; Minyukova, T.; Valeev, K.; Cherepanova, S.; Salanov, A.; Kaichev, V.; Saraev, A.; Andreev, A.; Lapina, O.; Sadykov, V.
- RSC advances 2017 v.7 no.67 pp. 42443-42454
- X-radiation; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; air; alloys; aluminum; catalysts; catalytic activity; copper; crystallization; egg shell; granules; hot water treatment; leaching; mechanochemistry; microstructure; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxides; permeability; scanning electron microscopy; surface area
- ... XRD, NMR, SEM with mapping, and XPS were used to examine the structure and microstructure of porous ceramometals, CuAlO/CuAl, synthesized by mechanochemical alloying of a mixture of Cu + Al (Cu : Al = 87 : 13 wt%) followed by hydrothermal treatment and heat treatment in air. The egg-shell nature of the microstructure was revealed: the metallic cores consisting of copper and aluminum alloys are sur ...