Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Lihua; Li, Xiufen; Ren, Yueping; Wang, Xinhua
- RSC advances 2017 v.7 no.34 pp. 20824-20832
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; ammonium nitrogen; bioelectricity; chemical oxygen demand; fouling; graphene oxide; hydrophilicity; microbial fuel cells; microfiltration; municipal wastewater; phase transition; polyvinylpyrrolidone; porosity; stainless steel; thermoplastics; total nitrogen; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... A conductive flat microfiltration membrane (G-FM) was prepared with polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone (NMP), polyvinyl pyrrolidone (PVP) and reduced graphene oxide (RGO) on stainless steel mesh base by the method of immersion-precipitation phase transformation. The pure water flux and mean pore size of the prepared G-FM were 712 ± 62 L m⁻² h⁻¹ bar⁻¹ and 0.09 ± 0.01 μm, respect ...
- Lade, Harshad; Song, Won Jung; Yu, Young Jae; Ryu, Jun Hee; Arthanareeswaran, G.; Kweon, Ji Hyang
- RSC advances 2017 v.7 no.27 pp. 16392-16400
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; bioassays; biofilm; biofouling; chemical oxygen demand; confocal microscopy; curcumin; homoserine; nitrogen; polymers; proteins; quorum sensing; scanning electron microscopy; sludge; total phosphorus; wastewater treatment; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Biofouling remains a critical issue in membrane bioreactors (MBRs) for wastewater treatment. Thus, exploring novel approaches for biofouling inhibition is of crucial importance. Here, effects of curcumin incorporation in MBR-activated sludge in terms of permeate quality, extracellular polymeric substance (EPS) concentration, an increase in transmembrane pressure (TMP), and N-acyl homoserine lacton ...