Jump to Main Content
- Zeng, Guangming, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- RSC advances 2015 v.6 no.2 pp. 987-994
- activated carbon; catalysts; chemical oxygen demand; fluorescence; iron; landfill leachates; nitrogen; oxidation; pH; pollutants; spectroscopy
- ... In this study, Fe(ii)-loaded granular activated carbon (GAC) was used as a heterogeneous persulfate catalyst for the pretreatment of mature landfill leachate. The effects of Fe²⁺ dosage, persulfate concentration and initial pH on the degradation of the organic pollutants in the landfill leachate were investigated. In single factor experiments, the maximum Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) removal rate ...
- Zeng, Guangming, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- RSC advances 2015 v.6 no.1 pp. 94-104
- adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; biochar; chromium; electrostatic interactions; endothermy; equations; heavy metals; ions; models; moieties; pH; sorption isotherms; thermodynamics; walnut hulls
- ... In this work, beta-cyclodextrin–chitosan modified walnut shell biochars (β-CCWB) were synthesized as a low-cost adsorbent for the removal of heavy metal Cr(vi) from aqueous solutions. Batch sorption experiments were carried out to investigate the adsorption characteristic of β-CCWB. The experimental data fitted a pseudo-second order equation and Freundlich isotherm model, and the optimum adsorptio ...