Jump to Main Content
- Arjona, N.; Dector, A.; Guerra-Bálcazar, M.; Álvarez-Contreras, L.; Sabaté, N.; Esquivel, J. P.; Ledesma-García, J.; Arriaga, L. G.
- RSC advances 2014 v.4 no.50 pp. 26158-26165
- X-ray diffraction; anodes; catalytic activity; electrochemistry; fuel cells; glassy carbon electrode; glucose; gold; palladium
- ... AuₓPdy bimetallic mixtures with different elemental contents were synthesized on glassy carbon electrodes using electrochemical techniques, which are easy, quick, versatile and cheap. Pulse potential and staircase techniques such as cyclic voltammetry (Au₆₀Pd₄₀), square-wave voltammetry (Au₅₀Pd₅₀ and Au₃₅Pd₆₅) and second harmonic AC voltammetry (Au₁₅Pd₈₅) were used to easily change the metal propo ...
- Hsu, Kai-Chieh; Lee, Chi-Young; Chiu, Hsin-Tien
- RSC advances 2014 v.4 no.50 pp. 26115-26121
- anodes; calcium chloride; calcium oxide; electrochemistry; electrolytes; foil; lithium batteries; nanorods; temperature; tin dioxide; vapors
- ... Via a vapour–solid reaction growth (VSRG) pathway, phase-segregated SnO₂ nanorods (NRs, length 1–2 μm and diameter 10–20 nm) were developed in a matrix of CaCl₂ salt by reacting CaO particles with a flowing mixture of SnCl₄ and Ar gases at elevated temperatures. The SnO₂ NRs were investigated as a potential anode material for Li-ion batteries (LIBs). A half-cell constructed from the as-fabricated ...