Jump to Main Content
- Lv, Yan-Zhuo; Jin, Yan-Zhang; Xue, Yuan; Wu, Jin; Zhang, Xiao-Gang; Wang, Zhen-Bo
- RSC advances 2014 v.4 no.50 pp. 26022-26029
- X-ray diffraction; cathodes; crystal structure; electrochemistry; industry; lithium batteries; manganese dioxide; nickel oxide; normal distribution; particle size; powders; raw materials; temperature
- ... LiNi₀.₅Mn₁.₅O₄ cathode material has been synthesized by a solid-state reaction designedly using industrial raw materials (Li₂CO₃, NiO and electrolytic MnO₂) in bulk scale, which are all used without further purification. The aim is to find the optimal preparation process of LiNi₀.₅Mn₁.₅O₄ material for commercial application. The synthesis temperatures are adjusted to form a disordered Fd3̄m struct ...
- Hsu, Kai-Chieh; Lee, Chi-Young; Chiu, Hsin-Tien
- RSC advances 2014 v.4 no.50 pp. 26115-26121
- anodes; calcium chloride; calcium oxide; electrochemistry; electrolytes; foil; lithium batteries; nanorods; temperature; tin dioxide; vapors
- ... Via a vapour–solid reaction growth (VSRG) pathway, phase-segregated SnO₂ nanorods (NRs, length 1–2 μm and diameter 10–20 nm) were developed in a matrix of CaCl₂ salt by reacting CaO particles with a flowing mixture of SnCl₄ and Ar gases at elevated temperatures. The SnO₂ NRs were investigated as a potential anode material for Li-ion batteries (LIBs). A half-cell constructed from the as-fabricated ...