Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xiangping, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- RSC advances 2014 v.5 no.4 pp. 2470-2478
- absorption; carbon dioxide; cations; desorption; ionic liquids; moieties; sulfites; sulfur dioxide
- ... In this work, three kinds of novel functionalized ionic liquids (ILs) [NEt₂C₂Py][SCN], [C₄OPy][SCN] and [C₄CNPy][SCN] were developed by introducing a tertiary amino group, ether group and nitrile group on the pyridinium cation to improve SO₂ absorption performances. Among the investigated ILs, [NEt₂C₂Py][SCN] showed the highest absorption capacity of 1.06 gSO₂ gIL⁻¹ under ambient conditions due to ...
- Zhang, Xiangping, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- RSC advances 2014 v.4 no.13 pp. 6463-6470
- additives; asphaltenes; chlorides; colloids; crystals; dispersants; gel strength; gelation; industry; ionic liquids; melting point; microscopy; oils; rheometry; temperature; thermogravimetry; viscosity
- ... Ionic liquids are assessed as chemical additives to modulate physical properties of oils. Rheometry, differential scanning calorimetry, thermogravimetric analysis and microscopy are used to investigate the effect of ionic liquids on oil properties. The measured maximum apparent viscosity value of Model Oil A increases by 178.7% in the presence of 1 wt% 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium chloride. Similar ...