Jump to Main Content
- Ullah, Aman, et al. Show all 2 Author
- RSC advances 2017 v.7 no.45 pp. 27946-27959
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; differential scanning calorimetry; epoxidation reactions; equations; experimental design; gel chromatography; melting point; microwave radiation; microwave treatment; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; olefin; polymerization; polymers; reflectance; regression analysis; solvents; temperature; thermogravimetry
- ... In this study, a new strategy for making polyethers from α-olefin (1-decene) was developed using microwave irradiation and compared with a conventional method. The olefin was epoxidized and subjected to catalytic polymerization using both conventional and microwave synthesis techniques. The conventional epoxidation reaction of 1-decene took 1 hour while microwave-assisted epoxidation was completed ...
- Ullah, Aman, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- RSC advances 2013 v.3 no.43 pp. 20800-20810
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; arsenic; biosorbents; biosorption; chickens; differential scanning calorimetry; esterification; feathers; keratin; mechanistic models; methanol; pH; raw materials; scanning electron microscopy; sodium hydroxide; sodium sulfite; thermogravimetry; water pollution
- ... The current work exclusively pertains to preparing arsenic removing biosorbents using chicken feathers (CF) as a raw material. CF consist of keratinous proteins with many functional groups, and this paper contributes to the debate on how functional groups, especially –COOH, –NH₂ and –S–S–, interact with arsenic species before and after their modification through sorption phenomena. Chemically modi ...