Jump to Main Content
- Srivastava, Kumkum, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.107 pp. 105676-105689
- Plasmodium falciparum; Plasmodium yoelii; animal models; chloroquine; drug resistance; heme; nitrogen; parasitemia; polymerization
- ... In the present study we have synthesized a new class of 4-aminoquinoline derivatives via replacement of the diethylamine functionality of chloroquine (CQ) with acyclic and/or cyclic amine groups containing basic tertiary terminal nitrogen and bioevaluated them for antimalarial activity against Plasmodium falciparum in vitro (CQ-sensitive strain-3D7 & CQ-resistant strain-K1) and Plasmodium yoelii i ...
- Srivastava, Kumkum, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.30 pp. 25584-25593
- Plasmodium falciparum; antimalarials; chemical interactions; drug therapy; heme; inhibitory concentration 50; malaria; moieties; propionic acid; quinoline
- ... New N-(7-chloroquinolinyl-4-aminoalkyl)arylsulfonamides were synthesized and tested in vitro against P. falciparum 3D7 and K1 strains and hemozoin formation. Compounds 16 and 17 showed promising antimalarial activity (IC₅₀ 3D7: 0.05 and 0.01 μM; K1: 0.41 and 0.36 μM) and exceedingly well inhibited hemozoin formation (IC₅₀, 3.23 and 2.40 μM). Considering hemozoin inhibition was due to the affinity ...