Jump to Main Content
- Kundu, Sabuj, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.102 pp. 100417-100426
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Raman spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; active sites; biobased products; carbon; catalysts; fructose; glucose; isomerization; levulinic acid; oxidation; rehydration; scanning electron microscopy; solvents; synthesis; zirconium
- ... Levulinic acid (LA) is an important platform intermediate for several high value renewable bioproducts. One-pot synthesis of LA from carbohydrates is disadvantaged by the lack of proximity of the active sites required for sequential isomerization, dehydration and rehydration reactions. Herein, we report an efficient one-pot conversion of C₆ sugars to LA using a carbo-catalyst (ZrHyC), containing L ...
- Kundu, Sabuj, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.102 pp. 100532-100545
- aniline; catalysts; catalytic activity; chemoselectivity; hydrogen; hydrogenation; iridium; isopropyl alcohol; ligands; nitrobenzenes; organic halogen compounds; p-cymene; ruthenium
- ... The catalytic activities of a series of in situ generated homogeneous ruthenium systems based on commercially available [RuCl₂(p-cymene)]₂ and various ligands in transfer hydrogenation of nitroarenes to anilines were investigated. Combination of [RuCl₂(p-cymene)]₂ and tridentate phenanthroline based ligand 2-(6-methoxypyridin-2-yl)-1,10-phenanthroline (phenpy-OMe) exhibited the highest catalytic a ...