Jump to Main Content
- Ghajar, Shayan; Fernández-Giménez, María E.; Wilmer, Hailey
- Rangeland ecology & management 2019 v.72 no.4 pp. 711-720
- Wyoming, etc ; Internet; cluster analysis; decision making; education; herds; human resources; interviews; outreach; ranchers; risk; rural areas; sales; surveys; Colorado; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Access to the Internet continues to grow in rural areas, ensuring ranchers will have increasing opportunities to use the Web to find information about management practices that may provide them ecological and financial benefits. Although past studies have examined the role of the Internet in informing daily decision making by agricultural producers, no studies have focused specifically on the use ...
- Bates, Jonathan D.; Davies, Kirk W.; Bournoville, Justin; Boyd, Chad; O’Connor, Rory; Svejcar, Tony J.
- Rangeland ecology & management 2019 v.72 no.1 pp. 28-35
- Wyoming, etc ; Artemisia tridentata; Bromus tectorum; Juniperus occidentalis; annuals; basins; biomass; forage; forbs; habitats; indigenous species; livestock; perennials; plant communities; prescribed burning; steppes; ungulates; wildlife; woodlands; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Western juniper (Juniperus occidentalis Hook.) has expanded into sagebrush steppe plant communities the past 130−150 yr in the northern Great Basin. The increase in juniper reduces herbage and browse for livestock and big game. Information on herbaceous yield response to juniper control with fire is limited. We measured herbaceous standing crop and yield by life form in two mountain big sagebrush ...