Jump to Main Content
- Cibils, Andrés F., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Rangeland ecology & management 2016 v.69 no.2 pp. 134-143
- calves; calving; cows; crossbreds; forage; global positioning systems; grasslands; grazing; heifers; pastures; rangelands; steers; stocking rate; weaning; weather; woodlands
- ... We determined the effects of two forage allowance levels (LOW vs. HIGH) and weather conditions on daytime and nighttime movement patterns of young rangeland-raised cows. We also investigated whether calf weaning weights (n = 42) were significantly related to postcalving movement patterns of the dam. Global positioning system data were collected over 4 years by recording 5-min interval locations of ...
- Cibils, Andrés F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Rangeland ecology & management 2016 v.69 no.5 pp. 386-389
- Sorghum bicolor subsp. drummondii; alfalfa hay; beef cows; cottonseed cake; cow feeding; feeding frequency; monitoring; rangelands; robots; unmanned aerial vehicles; video cameras
- ... We determined the feasibility of using unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) video monitoring to predict intake of discrete food items of rangeland-raised Raramuri Criollo non-nursing beef cows. Thirty-five cows were released into a 405-m2 rectangular dry lot, either in pairs (pilot tests) or individually (experiment tests), that contained 12 food bowls arranged in an open semicircle and placed approximat ...