Jump to Main Content
- Eskridge, Kent M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Rangeland ecology & management 2015 v.68 no.2 pp. 150-157
- graminoids; managers; pastures; rotational grazing; topographic slope; vegetation; warm season; warm season grasses; Nebraska
- ... Rotational grazing methods provide range managers opportunities to alter the time when grazing occurs on pastures in consecutive years. The effect of time of grazing on subsequent-year standing crop was evaluated within four pastures (42 ± 1 ha) rotated annually within a deferred rotation using a modified Williams design that included mean times of grazing within different pastures from 16 May to ...
- Eskridge, Kent M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Rangeland ecology & management 2013 v.66 no.5 pp. 561-569
- Calamovilfa longifolia; average daily gain; cow-calf operations; forbs; grazing; heifers; highlands; pastures; spaying; stocking rate; topographic slope; vegetation; Nebraska
- ... A study was conducted on upland range in the Nebraska Sandhills to determine differences in plant species frequency of occurrence and standing crop at various topographic positions on pastures grazed with short-duration grazing (SDG) and deferred-rotation grazing (DRG). Pastures within each grazing treatment were grazed at comparable stocking rates (SDG = 1.84 animal unit months (AUM) · ha−1; DRG ...